August 11, 2018 By santosh
This post guides you through how to use Mr Coffee food dehydrator; the stackable model of this dehydrator can be used to dry vegetables, fruits or other foods. It is included with five circular trays that can be stacked on top of one another.
How to Use?
Here is an easy way to use Mr Coffee food dehydrator:
- Before using the unit, wash all the trays with soapy water and dry them completely. Except for the fruit tray, all the other trays can be used safely in the top rack of dishwasher.
- The fruit tray has to be slided on to the top rack while using the food dehydrator.
- Mr Coffee dehydrator has just a power on and off switch without any ways to adjust the temperature, which is the main drawback of the unit.
- Chop the food to be dehydrated into equally-sized pieces and lay them out on the trays without any overlapping of sides. The manufacturer recommends ¼ inch thick slices.
- Slide in the trays into the racks and cover the lid over the top. Switch on the unit and dehydrate till the required dryness is accomplished.
- Rotate the trays in case the food appears to be dehydrating in an uneven manner.